Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Communication Is Key .....




Comunication is 60% body language 30% Tone and 10% words.

Body language is the biggest form non-verbal communication, which is made up of body posture, gestures, facial expressions, and eye movements. We send and interpret all of those without being aware of them. Body language may provide clues about the feelings and attitude of the person we are talking to, it may show aggression towards us, boredom in the conversation, or genuine interest. It can also lose you some money in poker if your not careful. So if body lanuge is so imporant why do we even talk at times ?

Now on to Tone, "Watch your tone with me!” Have you ever been told that as a child or teenager? Our tone has various feelings: anger, frustration, joy, happiness, we may sound distracted or preoccupied, be sarcastic, and all of those will influence how others hear what we are saying and how they will interpret our underlying message. So with out a thought we can change someones reseptive nature just by how we speak .....

I dont entierly belive that 60 / 30 / 10 throry, granted it does have truth to it in a big way but spoken words affect us on a deeper level than any of us can imagine and can affect us for many years, if not for a lifetime.
Think back to our childhood, what words did you hear about yourself or were said to you: beautiful, handsome, smart, clever, champ, winner or ugly, bad, stupid, dummy, good for nothing, loser, these words still linger in the mind many years even lifetimes after they were uttered.
How did they affect your current life?
Did you believe that you can do anything, and you couldn't lose taking risks to achieve more in life, or did you stay back, not wanting to contiune being a loser believing that you will not succeed anyway, so why even try? If you answered ‘‘yes’’ to any of these examples, you understand that oftentimes the people who used those negative words towards us were themselves so insecure in themselves that they used that form of communication to keep us feeling down, for their fears that we may rise higher than them. It is time to reconsider why those beliefs still have strongholds on your life; maybe you believed them then, but you do not have to believe them anymore, so let go of them.
I was called stupid, dumb ass, and what ever other names daily as a child and I in no way feel remotly close to any of these terribe words but it took time for me to really look at myself and find my wealth, my value and to define my self with my own words. See words create pictures in our mind, and those pictures create outward actions.So instead of concentrating on my problems, I like to focus on solutions in my life. Words are powerful tools that can help change our mind and our lives.
They create visions, which can be positive, Use your words to build up yourself and others, for never before and never again will there be another one of you.
Some of the most powerful words I ever spoke were those following “I” or “I am”, If you hear someone say to you “You are stupid” you have the power to either accept it or reject it, now if you hear yourself saying “I am so stupid” you will not have the power to reject it, since it came out of your own mouth. Each word out of your own mouth should be positive, good, and encouraging, to enrich your life, and those of others around you. I see this more and more everyday now with my son on the way, my eyes are open to the fact that words are so much more then sharp ideas, funny jokes or passonatie secrets they are the stones that can elevate a man to greatness or wheight upon his back to his demise..




WORDS CAN BUILD OR DESTROY IT'S OUR CHOICE HOW TO USE THEM.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment