Tuesday, June 1, 2010

CHECK OUT AN OLD FLIM AND LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF.





So yesterday I stumble upon a movie at target that i have not seen in a while but remember it to be an amazing film
"hey its on sale for $10 so why not"
This movie is called "Apocalypto" it is a remarkable film. Set in the days of the Mayan civilization,
The cast is largely indigenous non pro actors speaking the prevailing surviving dialect of the Mesoamericans,
"Yes i had to look that up " The move has a lot of subtitles but after the first 10 min you hardly notice.

So why am I blogging about this movie, I am no film critic nor is this movie even remotely new.
For those of you who have not seen this movie, it is very realistic and a bit bloody and Gorey
because it it very true to the time period an lifestyle that the Maya lived.

Now I really did not remember the movie to be as realistic as it was ( I guess the whole of the movie impressed me so much
that I did not focus on the blood and guts)

But anyway I watched the first 35 min or so of this film before
I went to bed and I was just as intrigued as I was the first time I saw this film, but something was different this time.
It's like when you look at an old photo you have seen hundreds of times later in your life and you start to see the background cars and people and at how much things have change and yet you never really noticed till now, type of feeling.

The main character is a young man named Jaguar paw, and he has a pregnant wife and son and lives in a small village that his father is the chief of. ( just giving you the basics don't want to ruin the film for you )

The father and son have a moment where the father tells his son Jaguar paw
"Fear. Deep rotting fear, Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it. It has tainted your peace already. I did not raise you to see you live with fear. Strike it from your heart. Do not bring it into our village."

I thought that is so true fear is a sickness and it must be treated.

I continue to watch further and the young man after having this conversation with his father, performs a unselfish brave act to save his family.

He as a father would do anything even if it was to loose his life to save his family and that rung bells in my head and heart that it nearly brought me to tears.

Even in thier non educational tribe socity and the simple lifestyle, there is an unspoken weight of responsibility that fathers have and that i feel I'm developing, of protecting your family at any cost.

WOW 30 mins in and tearing up, this has never happened to me before. ( what the heck is going on ,its just a movie that i have seen before)

And that's when it hit me like a brick it wasn't the movie that change it was the person watching that has changed.
Me, I ,blue has changed and by a lil boy who hasn't even been born yet, is the reason why.


How can a lil person who is only about 2 and half pounds completely dominate the mind , body, heart and soul of a 235 pound man....

But with all these changes in my thoughts and actions I must say that , I'm proud that I am changing no better yet evolving for my son even if i did not realize it.

CHECK OUT AN OLD FILM THAT YOU HAVE ENJOYED AND HAVEN'T SEEN IN A WHILE
AND SEE IF YOU FEEL THE SAME WAY YOU DID WHEN YOU SAW IT THE FIRST TIME.
( GOOD EMOTIONAL EXERCISE )

so in closing, I recommend this movie 2 thumbs up






No comments:

Post a Comment