Monday, March 15, 2010

No Charity No Mercy.




He who has no charity deserves no mercy.
English Proverb

Charity brings to life again those who are spiritually dead.
Thomas Aquinas


Charity, the practice of benevolent giving. Such a simple idea and concept benevolent giving. (help for those in need that you are able to assist with no expectation of anything in return)

Today I realized that this simple idea that I thought was not a choice but a responsibility in my life is not shared with some of the most important people in my life.
As a child I was never wealthy or even well off but I was taught the gift of charity I'm not talking about writing a big ole' check, I'm talking about giving of yourself and your time if even for just for a moment.
People constantly waste their minutes, hours and days in a self loving circle that helps no one but themselves. Whatever happen to the school of thought that helping your neighbor even if you don't like them,was just the right thing to do.
Charity is big in my life, the fulfillment I feel to find it not robbery to lend a helping hand is an indescribable feeling that I think everyone should feel at least once in their life and not because it's the in thing to do, or because your friends are doing it, but because it comes form your heart. I think at how charity has become a chore for today's children and I think to myself how do I help and teach my child "that is on the way" to acquire the habit of charity,
I want to teach my child that charity is not reserved only for emergencies.
I want them to appreciate that reaching out to others in need is a way of life, rather than a moment in time when a catastrophic disaster occurs. Remember, while you are giving to others, you are giving your children important messages about your beliefs concerning the spirit of giving.

"What you do comes back to you"

The harvest that you reap depends on the kind of seeds you sow. If you sow corn, you will not reap olives.There is No better example then the parent child relationship,
as for me, I will plant the the best seeds for my son or daughter to reap the finest that I can give ,Whatever I give out to others, The universe will eventually give back to me and my family. This is the basic nature of life:


"YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW."

No comments:

Post a Comment